The Canopy is an award-winning space in the heart of Lane Cove. Since opening in June 2020, The Canopy has received industry recognition with the following awards:
· Winner – Australia’s Urban Design Award for Built Projects – Local and Neighbourhood Scale convened by the Planning Institute of Australia, Australian Institute of Landscape Architects and Australian Institute of Architects.
· Winner Greater Sydney Commission’s Award for the Development Supported by Infrastructure category (2021)
· Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (NSW) – Civic Landscape for The Canopy – Landscape Architecture Award
· Parks & Leisure Australia (NSW/ACT) – Community Facility of the Year Award for The Canopy – Highly Commended
· Local Government Excellence Awards – Asset & Infrastructure for The Canopy – Finalist (2021)
· Commendation and runner-up in the Best Planning Ideas (Small Project) – Planning Institute of Australia Awards for Planning Excellence (2020)
With a village green and children’s playground, performance stage, restaurant precinct, Coles and Aldi supermarkets and a 500-space underground car park, The Canopy is certainly one of Sydney’s most vibrant community spaces.
Copyright © 2019 The Canopy LAne Cove - All Rights Reserved.
A project of Lane Cove Council